Once upon a time I had a lovely granny. I still do, but now she lives both in my heart and in heaven with the angels rather than here with us. And, when this sweet, kind, gentle woman would get frustrated or feisty (typically at one of the kids!) out would fly what would become her catch phrase... "Shoot a monkey!" We're not quite sure where this kindly preacher's daughter picked this up, but through the years it was used instead of more harsh or crass language. Even now, it is quite common to hear one of our immediate family members use the phrase with a smile on their face. I miss my granny, and I will forever think of her as I pass by the monkey house at the zoo. Including her catch phrase here creates for me a familial connection as I post the joys,
frustrations, and challenges. And, it just makes me smile.
And, I will always wonder if some of the primate shortages in the world were because of my uncles' teenage antics. One of these said uncles assures me that he's seen them multiple times during business trips to Malaysia. Apparently they've all fled to a place that Granny can't reach. :)
Oh - No monkeys will be harmed during the production of this blog.
8 comments:
CUTE blog design and lovely story!
Thanks. :) Silly, but meaningful to me. I guess I'm all sentimental these days. :G:
Hey Steph!
Very cute title!
Thanks, Charity!
Love it! I like the blog look with the monkeys too. Very cute.
Thanks, Lisa. They are fun, aren't they. :)
I love the story, the name and the look. Blog on.
Thanks, De'Etta! Here's hoping that there will be a little more consistency going on 'round these parts. :)
Post a Comment