Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Exercise update...

Whew - three days down, and I'm feeling good. I really don't like getting back into gear, but so far the aches and pains are less than I expected. I've got the expected shin issues, but other than that I'm pretty good (once I get moving that is!) No knee pain! I am so thankful to the person that put up the great hints and tips about running with knee injuries. Of course, I wouldn't really classify what I'm doing as running just yet. lol Hopefully some day soon!

Tuesday, day two: I kept to basically the same routine, sans jogging. I really needed that calm day. I kept up the pace since the dog was with me, and he really doesn't like going slow! I've decided that I love 411fit.com. However, I've also decided that I'm terrible at entering information. lol Distance: 1.25 miles walked, no jogging

Wednesday, day three: The rain was out to foil me! It POURED this morning. I was up and ready to go bright and early (which for me is like 7:30. Only so bright, only so early...) I decided to wait out the rain. I can handle getting wet, just as long as it isn't pouring so much that I would be soaked to the bone. Are you noticing a prissy trend here? lol About noon it was a good sprinkle so I took off. Not long after that it stopped completely so the only water that I got hit with was from the trees overhead. *Note to self: trim trees because running through them stinks. The dog discovered that he really doesn't like dodging goose poop at the track around the park. Yep, he's prissy, too. But, the good news is that I was able to add some running into the routine today - 5 whole segments! I've learned the key is to keep the dog's speed under control so that I'm not running to keep up. And, to really recover with my walk. I know that it must sound horribly pathetic that I am thrilled to do 5 spurts of about 45 seconds (yeah, not up to the full minute yet) but I'm thrilled! I also added an additional loop of the track AND an additional street from the neighborhood. I'm thinking that it wasn't too shabby of a day. Now, to just get out nice and early so that I get my day started right, not late. The weather man calls for storms tomorrow afternoon again. I'm hoping to be out early (again, MY early!) tomorrow to beat it. Distance: 1.75 miles walked with a bit of jog added for flavor. :)

So.... drum roll... my grand total for distance is 4.25 miles (rounded)! Not bad for a couch potato.

I'm going to stick with the Week One podcast for C25K next week as well. It just makes me feel better to start slow. :)

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

Excellent job!

Anonymous said...

i'm going through blog withdrawl. :*( miss you. hope you had a great weekend.

meagan