Day one down! I made it through! Actually, I was only able to run about half the length that was called for so there is a LOT of room to improve. I think that I might stay with the Week 1 C25K routine for an additional week just because I haven't been exercising regularly for a while. I did find out that I was doing it wrong though! I hang my head in runner's shame. :) My husband was a runner in school, so he reminded me that I don't need to run, I need to jog. I don't need to keep my pace when I do the recovery walk, I need to use it as a rest walking at a slightly slower pace. I get it now. I'm going to try again tomorrow (or I might take my "off" day as a day to just have a gentle walk or some yoga.) I'm really looking forward to it though. I was a bit worried that my bad knee would give me problems. But, I did some reading on a few running websites and tried out their tips. It really helped! I'm not having any pain today. It was a little sore during the run, but it didn't last. That made me VERY happy! Oh - and the Christian Indi podcasts are great! I haven't listened to the other podcasts available, but I'm really looking forward to checking them out as well.
So, here is the first entry in my totals:
Time: 30 minutes (plus stretching)
Distance: 1.28 miles
It's a start!
5 comments:
YAY! i'm proud of you. i'm working on my eating habits, but this beta blocker makes my insides feel funny when i exercise. I don't sweat. now THAT'S strange.
love you
meagan
Thanks, hon! I'm trying! Now, is that a normal side effect? Call your doc. Sounds weird.
Your first day and you did over a mile? That's awesome! Glad your knee is not giving you any trouble. Have fun!
Great job!
Thanks, guys! Nope, Sheri. No knee problems. I've been really good at icing it and giving some heat at night just like I read over on Cool Running. Hopefully it will keep working! I did do over a mile, but I still feel woefully behind. Before the move and groove, I was easily doing well over 2. Last summer it was up to 3.5. I've got a ways to go.
Post a Comment