Oh. My. Word. My Audio School is amazing!
First, the presentation is fabulous. Granted, I wish that there was perhaps a linked list with the titles of works in each subdivision, but that's a minor complaint. Each work is broken up by chapter, so it is very easy to find your starting point the next time you sit to listen to The Age of Chivalry by Bulfinch. The art work is amazing! When your child pulls up Our Island Story by H.E. Marshall, Chapter 23 The Battle of Stamford Bridge they will find a labeled painting depicting the battle. Reading about King Alfred? Look at the painting. I love the visuals they provide!
Secondly, the titles available are mind boggling. All of the audio is free for the taking on the internet, but the prize is that they are all formatted and organized for you. I am planning our Hebrew course, and they have linked copies of Genesis in Hebrew, and the entire Bible read in Hebrew along with files in Aramaic, etc. I can't believe that I bought history texts because with titles such as The Discovery of New Worlds by MB Synge, Famous Men of the Middle Ages by Haaren and Poland, Heroes of the Middle Ages by Tappan, A Child's History of England by Charles Dickens, Our Island Story by Marshall (parts 1 and 2), and The Story of the Middle Ages by Harding I would have had it all taken care of right here. My audio learner is set.
Not only are there sections based on history, but there are also materials available for Fine Arts, Literature, Science, Geography, Poetry, and more. I've yet to uncover all of the goodies of this site.
No, I don't get anything for bragging on this site. I'm just a fan. :) I think I needed something to get really excited about this week. Luckily, I picked up quite a few things to light that fire at the HOTM conference. And... then I got to play for an hour at myaudioschool.com.
Roughly 25% (according to the website) is available free, and the remaining 75% can be accessed for a reasonable fee. ($14.95 for a year subscription.) Well worth it in my opinion. Check out their free titles HERE.

1 comment:
I'm definitely heading over there to check it out! THANKS for the review!
Post a Comment