We've gotten a good start on our lessons. Our workbox system is set up and working. I'll photograph and blog on it tomorrow or Tuesday. I think that I'm really going to like it once we get the kinks out. Granted, it's Sunday night, and I haven't filled the boxes for tomorrow. lol Oh well - sometimes spontaneity works better than plans.
Our little granddaughter turned two this week so last week I spent a lot of time getting her gift done. I made my very first quilt! I'm thrilled. And, I loved it so much that I've got fabric stacked up on the table to cut for a quilt for the kid. GD's quilt was made with the cutest little vintage reproduction fabric that I picked up on etsy. Some of the blocks looked like they stepped straight out of a Dick and Jane book. There are stories attached to nearly each print (like the soldiers that my husband just begged to be included because they would remind her one day of the Nutcracker at Christmas.) One of these days I'll be able to explain that to her mom - the party was a bit hectic to do that. DD's quilt is going to be made strictly from thrifted or stashed fabric. It's a personal challenge, and I love these kinds of challenges. It's going to be interesting though since we're going with a purple/fuscia/lime green color combo. You'd be amazed at the fabric I picked up dirt cheap. Fabulous stripes and deep solids. I can't wait. :)
Here's a photo of the quilt. I can't wait to see her with it one day!


7 comments:
molly just loves it. she insists on sleeping with it, even though it's not cold enough for it yet, so i let her have it, and then i go in and remove it from her hot little baby body after she is out like a light. works for me :) such a fabulously crafty nana.
love you!
You MADE that? Oh my word! It is fantastic! That Molly is a lucky baby! I read Meagan's comment and that is so cute that she loves her special blanket already :)
That is one GORGEOUS blanket, Steph. You rock at quilting!
VERY nice! I so want to learn to quilt. I need to learn how to sew first though. ;-) I have such grand plans to make each of my boys a special quilt. Someday - when I have more free time. Stop laughing. ;-)
The quilt looks great!
Your first quilt. How exciting! It's adorable.
This is really pretty. I'm impressed. I've avoided anything to do with sewing or quilting for years and years...maybe when I have a grand baby. LOL
I have a question and don't have your email address on these venures. LOL I'll click so that your response is sent to me or you can respond to dschoosingjoy@gmail.com
MY Audio School - how much have you used this? the kids like to listen to CD's at bed time. Would I be able to burn the stories on to a CD so they could listen to them or is their copyright problems with saving the books. I'm not sure I understand how they are able to offer so many books for $14.99 - seems like copyright issues - but I'm interested. I can't seem to get things loaded on to our MP3 players so CD's may be the best bet. I don't want to move pcs into their rooms...and would like to be able to listen to stories on the road.
What about the quality - sort of hit and miss? I listened to one sample where the guys sort of stumbling reading and quirky, lispy voice would drive me nuts...but the other one seemed good.
I'd love to hear more how this is working for you....
Post a Comment